Thursday, May 12, 2005

Jack and the bus

Well, the first leg of my departure celebrations last night, and was a bit of a mixed bag.

Evening started off with the return, after 6 months, of the pub quiz for the NHS programme I've been working on for Accenture. As the reigning champions, my colleagues from Training and I made our return as the mighty "Stop the bus and let my brother Jack off", hoping for a creditable performance.

In fact, slightly surprisingly, we won again, which means I've probably left various of my soon-to-be-ex-colleagues up here with the enduring impression of me as a quiz geek! Ah well, I guess you can't hide the truth for long. Prize this time did not consist primarily of alcohol (which is probably part of the reason I'm actually compos mentis and in work this morning), but is a dinner, so we're going out again tonight. Yay!

After the quiz, the plan was to celebrate my impending departure like mad, but, like all the best-laid plans, it went somewhat awry. Ended up meeting up with another mate whose birthday it was and having a drink with him, then dragged the rapidly dwindling survivors down to Hifi Club (which I can heartily recommend on a Wed night here in Leeds). Those who were left weren't really in the mood, though, so it all kind of fizzled out.

Guess it just goes to prove the old truth that you never have a really big night when you're planning for one. Which doesn't really bode well for next Wednesday and the second leg of my leaving celebrations in London...

Labels: