Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Christmas, and looking forward to 2007

Good evening ladies and gentlemen.

Don't worry, I'm not about to assault you with another monster posting. This is just a quick note to wish you all a very Happy Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year.

I've spent the former in the bosom of my family (although enlivened somewhat by a friend of the family over visiting from the Czech Republic, which has kept me rather more on my best behaviour than I might have been otherwise), and, in a display of disorganisation quite exemplary even for me, I have no idea what I'm going to do for the latter. All I can tell you is that 2007 will have to go some to be as incident-packed and interesting as 2006 was (and, indeed, 2005 before that). Some of you were involved in making those years so memorable, and for that I thank each of you.

For 2007, my immediate goals are to do all the remaining catching up I planned (somewhat over-optimistically) for December, to give myself a month off the booze to start undoing the excesses I've visited on my poor constitution, and to find a job. Yes, it always keeps coming back to that.

In the meantime, I hope all is well wherever you are, that Santa (if you believe in him...) brought you some nice pressies, and that you have some nice things planned for the New Year. Take care and have fun,

Pat

Labels: