Sunday, June 26, 2005

A few more Zanzibar photos

A few of you might be wondering why there aren't loads more pictures of sun-kissed tropical beaches and the like from Zanzibar. The simple answer is that I was having fun on or around said beaches, and didn't want to risk my camera getting damaged or nicked, so I didn't take it out that often. Sorry!
The inestimable Ali T, tour guide extraordinaire
The token maniac demonstrating how to climb a palm tree to chop down coconuts
A palm tree you really wouldn't want to try and climb like that - the Corkscrew Palm
The jetties up in Nungwi at high tide, after we got back from SCUBA diving
The beginnings of sunset, from the deck at Bwana Willie's
Yours truly, enjoying a nice cold beer - mmmmmm, beeeerrr....
Some of the more energetic of Nungwi's inhabitants. This was before my discovering in Malawi that I actually quite like playing beach volleyball.
Another shot out over the Indian Ocean

Labels: , , , ,