Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Delights of Sao Paulo Rodoviaria

Day back on the buses - spent some of the morning hanging around with my Danish friends at the hostel and in town, then got on the 1340 to Sao Paulo. 6 hours later, arrived at the biggest bus station in Brasil, and successfully managed to get myself a ticket on the "Executivo" level (mid-level) coach to Florianopolis that night - I decided to get the slightly more expensive bus in an attempt to beat my usual record of total inability to sleep on overnight buses. This one, it has to be said, was very comfortable, with majorly reclining seats and leg supports, and I'd managed to get a spot such that I had a double seat to myself. Had it not been for the pesky armrest in the middle, I'd have probably slept ok, as it was I had to content myself with at least having slept a bit. Before getting the bus, ended up chatting with another English lad, called Ross, who was headed in the same direction, whilst partaking of the quality food offered by the wonderfully-named establishment "Mr Sheikh".