Saturday, February 21, 2009

More beef you say? Oh, go on then...

After my numerous bus journeys and other tiredness-inducing factors in the previous few days, a lazy day. I lay in rather than getting up for breakfast, then lounged in one of the hammocks on the back garden looking down over the lake. Tried to catch the Man U - Blackburn game, but unfortunately (I think because it's covered by Setanta) none of the channels in Argentina were carrying it, so had to make do with frantically checking up on the internet. Had a (very) late lunch back at Morfy's, to which I was showing worryig signs of addiction, and then went for a wonder down by the foreshore, marvelling at the fortitude of those brave souls swimming in the lake, and watching the volunteer fire brigade (with almost all their vehicles) practicing down in a car park by the lake!

Back at Pudu, I took more advantage of the Happy Hour(s) deal on the local beer (Happy Hour, happily, runs from 6-9pm there), got to know a few more of my fellow hostellers, and hung around in the garden waiting for the start of the week's grand Asado. Now I know, I keep going on about these, but this one was pretty serious going - it started at around 10 at night with the Choripans (sausage sandwiches), then worked its way up through various cuts of beef, finishing with the bife de lomo at around 1am, all of this accompanied by copious amounts of Mendoza Malbec. Happy, happy day.