Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yet Another Day In Transit

I overslept. Not exactly a surprise, but it got me a mild ticking off from the staff. I just looked shame-faced and shattered, and apologised profusely. Checkout times are one of the things some people actually use to help them pick where to stay, as if you've been out and about on the town, you really don't want to be having to get up and cart all your stuff out of your room early the next day. Independencia's time of 10am is slightly earlier than average, and unfortunately I slept straight through the alarm I had put on (that or did my old trick of turning it off and going back to sleep without remembering). The rest of the day passed fairly quietly, being concerned principally with feeding my hangover, getting online to print my bus ticket for the evening (and write up more of these tales), and a bit of reading. Then it was time to do my best "little donkey" impression and head back across town to the bus Terminal. There I arrived, slightly hot and bothered because I thought I was cutting things fine, to find the bus was late, but never mind. I chatted with Ben and Dee until the vehicle made its belated appearance, then settled in for the long overnight run to Salta. Movie choices this time were as eclectic as ever, being Rendition (rather too much torture and screaming for my liking) and Codename: The Cleaner (another entry in the Really Silly canon), and the food was about halfway to edible. And as per usual for me, I drifted in and out of really light sleep without ever actually feeling all that rested.