Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hammocks - a great invention

As a consequence of my cycling endeavours, I had designated this a "do-as-little-strenuous-as-
possible" day. I was up for breakfast, but then took to one of the garden hammocks again, until the sun started getting a little intense, so I moved in to the chill-out room, the upstairs lounge area where the TV and DVD player where, to continue my reading. I eventually hoisted myself back into the vertical plane to go and treat myself to a final Morfy's (as usual, the place was packed, and as usual at least half of them were Israelis...) before catching up a bit more on these diaries, swinging over to the supermarket and then heading back to catch the latter half of the Man Utd - Inter game on the TV with some of the lads in the hostel (I think I was the only one supporting Inter). In the evening, I treated myself to a bit of comfort food by cooking myself cottage pie (which got approving noises from Mark and Alice when they tried a bit, even if I had had to improvise a bit to make the gravy), and then was pleasantly surprised to be reminded by Siobhain and Mark that it was Pancake Day, so I whisked batter and helped make (ok, and eat) a few pancakes. Then, in the evening, I popped back to my old haunt at the South Bar to meet up with Trish and Stephen, the Irish couple I had first bumped into in Iguazu and had met a few more times on the way. And then I crashed out, ahead of an early departure to Chile the next morning.