Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Not a lot happening

A lazy day. I said goodbye at breakfast time to Aina, who was headed gleefully south to Patagonia, where she intends to get some good use out of her tent. Much of the middle of the day disappeared in a siesta, before meeting up with Nanna again in the afternoon for a late lunch back at the Deli I'd been to with Ana (and their chicken sandwich was just as monstrous as the steak one had been) and heading back to the hostel. At this point, my inner Pom was let out to play as we settled down to watch the Liverpool-Everton FA Cup game, which the hostel was showing on the TV in the common area. Nanna lasted about half of this before pleading shopping commitments and making her departure. That evening I had a few drinks with a couple of Aussies, Nick and Sam, who had been in my hostel in Puerto Iguazu, who valiantly tried to teach me to play poker. Once again, I get some of the mechanics of it, but am nowehere near the stage where I would regard it as a pleasant pastime. And that was about that.